- RSS Channel Showcase 4661345
- RSS Channel Showcase 7947298
- RSS Channel Showcase 8119818
- RSS Channel Showcase 5991782
Articles on this Page
- 04/10/11--10:36: _Stories From Barber...
- 04/12/11--15:07: _Crown Heights Opini...
- 08/19/11--10:42: _Remembering Crown H...
- 12/03/11--19:31: _A Personal Appeal F...
- 03/24/12--21:44: _Beth Rivkah of Broo...
- 03/28/12--18:58: _Concerning Beth Riv...
- 06/26/12--13:06: _DA Hynes Drops Expl...
- 12/12/12--17:36: _Concerning the Webe...
- 11/14/13--05:20: _“Knockout Game” Com...
- 12/05/13--05:27: _Council Rep Sparks ...
- 04/10/11--10:36: Stories From Barbers in Crown Heights
- 04/12/11--15:07: Crown Heights Opinion: Utica Avenue Shooting Scrubbed From News
- 08/19/11--10:42: Remembering Crown Heights, 20 Years Later
- 12/03/11--19:31: A Personal Appeal From A Crown Heights Resident
- 03/24/12--21:44: Beth Rivkah of Brooklyn Bans Facebook
- 03/28/12--18:58: Concerning Beth Rivkah, Facebook and Fines
- 06/26/12--13:06: DA Hynes Drops Explosive Brooklyn Trafficking Case
- 12/12/12--17:36: Concerning the Weberman Guilty Verdict and the Crown Heights Case.
- 11/14/13--05:20: “Knockout Game” Come To Crown Heights
- 12/05/13--05:27: Council Rep Sparks Outrage With Statement On Knockout Attacks
Of all the things I look for in a barber, I care least about technical skill. More than once, I have handed an electric clipper to a child of my family who is six or seven, and paid them a decent price for cutting my hair. There are some Jewish legal restrictions on men’s haircuts, […]
Last night, the sound of helicopters could be heard overhead in the area around Utica Avenue in Crown Heights at around 4:00 in the afternoon. Local residents know the sound of police helicopters, and local residents know that they will not find out what was going on on Utica Avenue. Yesterday, Monday afternoon, there was […]
I was in shul when the car hit Gavin Cato at the corner of Utica and Eastern Parkway. My son was playing on the corner near where it happened.Someone came into shul between afternoon and evening prayers and announced that a Jewish driver had hit a black child. “It’s not going to be […]
There is case working its way through the Israeli courts, that of Yitzhak Shuchat, who is wanted for trial in a beating in which he allegedly took part of Andrew Charles, the son of a New York City detective. What distinguishes the case from one of simple assault and battery is the allegation that Charles […]
Beth Rivkah of Brooklyn has banned Facebook among its students. The fear that it could lead to fraternisation and the posting of immodest pictures played a role in the decision, according to the Algemeiner Journal. “People on the board said it’s not proper for us to have Facebook because girls might be talking to boys […]
Much has been said about Beth Rivkah, and it banning of Facebook use by its students.What is puzzling about the attention received by Beth Rivkah is that many schools have far harsher ban, some completely forbidding internet use entirely. For a school to recognise the need to shape its student’s relationship with modern technology and […]
An explosive sex-crime case in Brooklyn that centered on allegations that a group of men had abused a Crown Heights woman since the age of 13 in various ways that also included gang rape and prostitution woman from Crown Heights ended today as a judge granted the prosecutors’ request to dismiss the indictment against […]
The recent guilty verdict for Nehemia Weberman is good news for victims of sexual abuse in Brooklyn and elsewhere. In Williamsburg, enough chassidim decided to overcome the embarrassment of cooperating (or at least not impeding) the prosecution of Nehemiah Weberman, who stands convicted of sexually abusing a girl he was supposed to be counseling over […]
The “knockout game” has come to Crown Heights, except it has been nicknamed “Knock out the Jew”. Eight attacks in Crown Heights have been counted in which nothing was stolen from the victim, who in each case was punched for no apparent reason. In other parts of the country, “polar bear hunting” and “the knockout […]
Laurie Cumbo is set to take office as City Council Representative for an area that includes Crown Heights. Already, she has made a statement that could easily be construed as condoning the attacks as a response to perceived injustices. Ms. Cumbo stated in part as follows. “Many African-American/Caribbean residents expressed a genuine concern that […]